Thursday, June 19, 2008

THIS IS AMANDA'S FAULT

Yes, I, Jenny, have caved. I who said I would never blog. I'm still wondering why I'm doing this. Nothing that I do is particularly interesting. I think I'm doing it because 1) (the obvious) everyone else is doing it, and 2) I write nothing down. My memory is terrible. My mom's voice echoes in my mind... after telling her some story about the kids... "You should really write this stuff down." Did I listen? No. Of course not. Everything that happens with my children is SO IMPORTANT... I'm bound to remember it. So, when did Emma take her first step? Not a clue. Sometime before her first birthday. When did Elli get her first tooth? She does have teeth, right? What was Meg's first word? Ummmm......Bedtime? So maybe some of our memories will be saved. Maybe it is not too late. Maybe at least they will read this in time and be amused. Who knows? I tried scrapbooking (that was April's fault :-)). I kept that up for at least a couple of years. Now all pictures since then (five years worth of pictures) are waiting patiently in boxes to be scrapbooked when I get the time. HA. So now I will give this a whirl. WHAT AM I DOING? Someone help me.

I guess I will at least explain the blog address. Several years ago, someone saw me struggling with my three beautiful, but wild girls. I told him we were like a traveling circus. He seemed amused, and our nickname stuck. Anyone who knows us realizes that this is sadly more of a reality than a joke. But, hey, it is never boring around here.

Should I even admit this? Maybe this blog stuff isn't a good idea. Even as I am typing this...Meg (my two year old) wandered outside to find Emma and Elli who are playing with friends. AGH! What kind of mother am I? Luckily, we live in a very safe neighborhood, and she had only gotten to the end of the driveway (or so). But maybe if this is to continue, it will be safer to do so after kids are in bed. Amanda, what did you get me in to?

2 comments:

lvining said...

You did a GREAT job!!! I am so proud of you! I'm glad you decided to cave!

Jones Family said...

heh heh...I love it!! It looks awesome! Thanks for jumping on the band wagon with me!!! Love ya!!