Monday, July 7, 2008

We're Still Celebrating



What a weekend! We've been on constant go.

On the 3rd, my grandparents celebrated their 70th wedding anniversary! 70... S-E-V-E-N-T-Y! That is so incredible to me. I just can't picture one of them without the other one. My grandmother is not in good health right now, so we didn't celebrate this occasion the way that we would have liked. But I hope they know how much they mean to all of us, especially me! The picture of them is not a recent one, but we keep forgetting to take our camera when we go over there.

On the 4th, we had a very laid back cook-out with Mom and Dad. We went to see the big Athens fireworks. I must say, it was a decent show for a small town affair. And of course, we Alabama red-necks love a good excuse to light things up, so we had several neighbors that put on shows of their own. All we really had to do was sit on the front porch. At any given time we would see the sky light up in all directions. The kids loved it.

Sunday night, Mom, Dad, Jeff and Amy came over. Dad and Jeff brought their guitars and played a few songs. Elli grabbed this moment as her opportunity to shine. She put on a dress, doned a little fake make-up, and went to another room to practice her song. She wrote it herself. She wanted Dad and Jeff to stand on either side of her and play, while she performed. The song went something like this: "You gotta believe in me. You gotta believe. Yeah, Yeah. I have a backyard. It's a good yard. You gotta believe me. Just believe in me. It's lots of fun. We can play out there. So believe in me. Just believe in me. believe-ieve-ieve" And so on. You get the idea. It was priceless. Then she went on to write more of what I'm sure will become her greatest hits. I even had to write a couple of them down for her. That girl. She loves to perform. Look for her CD coming to a store near you.

2 comments:

Becky said...

I love your blog! It looks great! We need to get Noah and Elli together for a show sometime- He likes to play his little guitar and make up songs as he goes too. They'd make a good pair.

Amy F said...

"You gotta believe in me"? What in the world? That's hysterical! She's a hoot!